What We Do
There are 12 children on our School Council, one from each class from Year 1 to Year 6. We collect ideas from our classes and feed back to Miss Willoughby in School Council Meetings.
- are the ‘voice’ of the children in school
- work together to decide which problems we can help with
- plan events, such as fundraising for Comic Relief and Children in Need
- support the teachers with events around school, like the Summer Fair and Christmas Productions.
A School Councillor has to be a role model to other children. We pride ourselves on being well behaved, working hard and representing our school.
2017-18 School Council
Members of the new School Council have now been elected and we are looking forward to helping our school!
Already this year we have:
Last year’s School Councillors were involved in a wide range of decisions and are very proud of what they achieved. Some of the things they did include:
- Raised over £580 for Children in Need by organising a Cake Sale, “Most stickers on Pudsey” game and non-uniform day.
- Discussed and agreed with pupils and staff new rules for ‘Tig’.
- Met with Young Enterprise students from JSTC about developing Alford Primary School wristbands.
- Raised £360 for Comic Relief with a Talent Show, a “Wear Something Red Day” and sold Red Noses in the office.
- Chose new playground equipment for lunchtimes – the children really liked the things we chose!