We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
(2) What information do we collect?We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
-(a) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation and other details;)
-(b) information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services (including [details]);]
-(c) information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including [details]);]
-(d) information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
-(e) any other information that you choose to send to us;-(f) and any other information.
-(a) administer the website;]
-(b) improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;]
-(c) enable your use of the services available on the website;]
-(d) send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;]
-(e) send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;]
-(f) send to you [our newsletter and other] marketing communications relating to our School which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);]
-(g) provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;]
-(h) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website; and]
-(i) other uses.] [Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.] [We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.]
-(a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
-(b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
-(c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
(6) Security of your personal information We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. [We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. [You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).]
(8) Your rights You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
-(a) the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00); and
-(b) the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity [(for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address)]. We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law. You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
(9) Third party websites The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
(10) Updating information Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
(12) Data controller The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is [Alford Primary School].